Digital Glitch #40
Hell yeah! Here it is Episode #40 and this show has managed to go over the hill! But this episode is far from old and slow! All the new music in this episode is bound to even bring the dead to life with the extreme awesome that is contained with in it! This set begins my 8 week special of me mixing in tracks from the Electronic Saviors Vol 2: Recurrence album! Yes I have the amazing 8 disc comp of ES2 and you will hear only on Digital Glitch a hand full of tracks off all of them for 8 weeks! 8 discs, 8 shows so 8 weeks of awesome is coming your way. So are you ready to have your face blow off your skull! Alright, so then download this baby and get ready for a true ride of electronic stimulation! Bring the Bass, bring the Oontz, bring the Noise! Here is DJ GlitchMode in the mix!
Have a request for next weeks show?
Let me kow what you guys are liking and what I need to do more of? Requests made to me, make sure to give me your name and where you are from and I will totally pimp you out! I want to know where my listeners are from and what you like so hit me up!
Glitch’s Pick of the Month: April 2012
FREAKANGEL – LET IT ALL END – (ALFA MATRIX)
While compiling the 5th edition of the famous Endzeit Bunkertracks compilation box, Alfa Matrix discovered this more than promising band from Tallinn, Estonia. After voted, “Best up and coming act” by over 700 DJ’s during a contest organized by Alfa Matrix, FREAKANGEL joined the Belgian label army and started completing their dancefloor frontal attack debut album, â€œThe Faults of Humanityâ€ which was mixed and engineered in Germany in the renown X-Fusion Music Prod. Studio (NOISUF-X, X-FUSION, SUICIDE COMMANDO, etc.).
FREAKANGEL is a mixture of aggrotech, industrial, dark electro, while also leaning towards rock and alternative music styles. Benefiting from its members astounding experience (Dmitry i.: brain behind SUICIDAL ROMANCE, fr0zen: frontman of CYCLONE B, Art: ex-KAMALOKA guitarist), FREAKANGEL is ready to rock the electro world with their unique exploding sonic cocktail…
With their provocative attitude, FREAKANGEL is closing in, coming your way to disturb you, shock you, shake your senses, trigger hate and get your body moving. Welcome to their worldâ€¦
Don’t be afraid of monsters hiding under your bed be afraid of FREAKANGEL!
ELECTRONIC SAVIORS II – RECURRENCE
Cancer has ruined the lives of countless people around the world.Â Rarely in the international goth-industrial scene does one hear about it.Â On May 1st, 2008, Jim Semonik, longtime promoter, DJ, and frontman for electro-industrial band Rein[Forced], was diagnosed with stage 2B colorectal cancer.Â During a rigorous campaign of chemotherapy and radiation, Semonikâ€™s passion for this music did not waver.Â On June 28th, 2008, 16 Voltâ€™s Denial Highway Tour came through Pittsburgh courtesy of Jim.Â It was at this event that Semonik formulated the idea for a compilation that would not only be gargantuan in scale, but in quality as well.Â Jim asked 16 Volt frontman, Eric Powell, to be a part of it.Â Eric didnâ€™t hesitate and thus Electronic Saviors was born.
Â When a person is stricken with a disease like cancer, it is important for the individual to not only focus on beating the disease, but have a goal for how to do it.Â Electronic Saviors is Jimâ€™s way of not only giving back to the medical community that saved his life, but the goth-industrial community that he has so warmly embraced for the better half of his life.Â It is Jimâ€™s way of crushing cancer once and for all.
Â In fall/winter of 2008, Semonik lost a portion of his digestive system and had to undergo a grueling program of post op chemotherapy.Â Jim almost lost his life due to a pancreatic infection from the chemo.Â This made the compilation of utmost importance.Â After recovering he began contacting bands throughout the scene that he had worked with and shared a great relationship with.Â It was not long before bands like Suicide Commando, Assemblage 23, Chemlab, Caustic, and his own band Rein[Forced] would begin to work on all exclusive tracks and mixes for what would become one of the biggest compilations the scene has ever seen.
It has been decided at this time that Gilda’s Club/Cancer Support Community (http://www.gildasclub.org/) and The Bone Marrow Foundation (http://www.bonemarrow.org/) is on the wish-list to send the proceeds to.
This will be a giant 6 disc box-set with 105 artists andÂ 2 additional discsÂ worth of digital tracks for a grand total of 141 tracks total.Â There will be a standard 6 CD edition, a deluxe digital edition only sold through Metropolis Records’ website as well as a premium edition which will include a physical double CD (high quality pressedÂ cdr) of the 37 digital tracks for those that want them.Â The number of copies will be specified when we gauge how in demand these will be.Â We want this project to be a big success and everyone is working very hard to bring this to you in a way that will move every listener.Â All I can say is “WOW” when I listen to these tracks.Â We have a number of brand new tracks, new remixes and some tracks licensed from Europe that have never been onÂ CD in the United States before.
Disc 1 Shock:
1. Tenek — A World of No Relief
2. Deathline Intâ€™l — Inside
3. Cancerface — Tumor Curbjob
4. Panic Lift — Footsteps
5. The Gothsicles — Who Wants to Join Our Super Hero Team (Right Now, Itâ€™s Just Me & Jim)
6. Inertia — Deworld (New Day Mix)
7. Santa Hates You — Pack Your Bags Honey, We’re Going To Hell! (Road Trip Remix)
8. The Azoic — Corruption (Remix By Encoder)
9. Rein[Forced] — Burnt
10. Deathproof — Bitcrush
11. cyferdine — Nova
12. Null Device — Through Closing Eyes
13. Sonik Foundry — Relapse
14. Left Spine Down — Stolen Car (B&E Mix)
15. Detroit Diesel — Under Fire
16. In Strict Confidence — Bitter Truth
17. Edge Of Dawn — Lucid Dreams (Standeg Remix)
18. Constance Rudert — The Harbour Song
- C-Lekktor – Welcome To My World (4:43)
- Panic Lift – Footsteps (4:46)
- Unit:187 – Threatened (Rom DiPrisco Remix) (3:29)
- Hexrx – Living On Video (5:11)
- The Gothsicles – Who Wants to Join Our Superhero Team? (Right Now, It’s Just Me & Jim) (3:23)
- Edge of Dawn – Lucid Dreams (Standeg Remix) (4:50)
- Spektralized – My Needs (Radio Edit) (3:56)
- Nolongerhuman – Use Your Abuse (4:40)
- Subliminal Code – Lost In the Loneliness (4:55)
- Left Spine Down – Stolen Car (B&E Mix) (4:07)
- Circus of Dead Squirrels – President Pinocchio (Obszon Geschoff Remix) (7:47)
- Deathproof – Bitcrush (2:58)
- Freakangel – i am not yours (4:21) *Glitch Pick of the Month! April 2012
- Rein[Forced] – Burnt (5:40)
- INERTIA – Deworld (New Day Mix) (4:15)
- Lords Of Acid – Pop That Tooshie (Feat. Alana Evans) (4:35)
- ALIEN VAMPIRES – Harsh & Rotten (5:39)
- [:SITD:] – Crusade (London Standing Remix by Grendel) (5:47)
- Detroit Diesel – Under Fire (4:19)
- Ad Inferna – All Shall Die (4:33)
- :Wumpscut: – Burial On Demand (iVardensphere Remix) (5:02)
Have a request for next weeks show? Email digitalglitch[at]coma-online.com