As we as an entire staff at COMA Music Magazine were getting ready with interviews, tickets, hotel reservations we received some sad news. Rather than try and put any spin on this one way or the other we will simply post what what is on the Terrorbyte website:
Terrorbyte is Cancelled!
All ticket sales will be refunded in the next few days.
1) High guarantees that bands want. Some headliners are even now asking for higher guarantees, after we agreed and signed contracts months ago.
2) High number of hotel rooms required. Performers are asking for more days than originally agreed.
3) Some bands are complaining and fighting about schedule positions and performance time.
3) Investors went AWOL. Two of our biggest investors bailed out just this week.
4) Guest list is insanely high. Over 300 people on guest list. And, bands are still creating pseudo positions to allow their help in free. Plus, all kinds of media personnel want to get in free.
Austin Cyberpunks is done. We wanted to create a Mecca for the Southwest where people in this dying scene could unite and meet to share creative ideas, music and merchandise. This requires sacrifice and willingness to collaborate from everyone involved. These fests have become all about money and how much can be squeezed out of the entity in charge.
Well, Austin Cyberpunks has suffocated. We are shutting down and not helping with this scene anymore. We have invested over $30,000 in this fest, and regret having to do this, but forsee losing a lot more if we continue.
Thanks for the few supportive bands that still care about the music!
As COMA tries to do our best to bring our scene together we are sad to see something like this happening and hope that something can be worked out for the future. It’s tough to lose an event like this.