We will be launching The Oontzcast soon and weâ€™ve got everything squared away, music, hosts, a nameâ€¦.shit! We need opening music! Well, thatâ€™s where this contest comes in.
What do I need to do?: Write a one minute, loud, oontzy track in the vein of old school Frontline and Nitzer Ebb. For specifics, see #4 in the Official Rules.
What can I win?: The winning submission will be used for the opening of our new podcast, COMA Music Magazineâ€™s Oontzcast. The best runners up will be used for backing music during the talk breaks.
In addition, you will also have a permanent place on our â€œAboutâ€ page.
Deadline: All entries must be received by February 10, 2011
Eligibility: Anyone, anywhere in the world who can make some oontz.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering the Contest operated on the COMA Music Magazine website accessible at the domain â€œcoma-online.comâ€ (COMAâ€), you (â€œyouâ€, â€œyourselfâ€, â€œParticipantâ€) hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the â€œOfficial Rulesâ€) of this Contest, and the decisions of the Administrator and the Contest Entities in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
- COMA Music Magazineâ€™s â€˜Bring the Oontzâ€™ Contest (the â€œContestâ€) is open to the general public.
- Each entry submitted must be your original work.
- Your entry must be one minute in length and contain a vocal intro for the show to be considered for the opening. Please also have a non-vocal version on hand in case we decide to use your entry for break music.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- All entries must be submitted by Midnight MST on February 10, 2011. No entries will be accepted for consideration after this deadline has passed.
- Closing and announcement dates may be changed without notice.
- Contestants must be at least 13 years of age.
- Winning entries will be used for The COMA Music Magazineâ€™s Oontzcast.
- By sending your track, you grant the COMA a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to publish and perform publicly the track on COMA Music Magazine website and such other media and platforms as the COMA may determine with no compensation to you. COMA reserves the right to reproduce the tracks in full (or to not reproduce any particular track at all), or edit and enhance the tracks at their discretion. Contest Entities and Administrator are authorized to use or not use the tracks as they see fit, including usage in advertising. All tracks are licensed to COMA in a perpetual and royalty free manner and will not be returned to Participant.
- Entries may be emailed directly to, or may be uploaded and a download link forwarded to, contact#64;coma-online.com and in 320 kbit/s MP3 files.
- Each contestant must provide accurate contact information to receive credit.
- Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of COMA Music Magazine and/or The Oontzcast, and may be enacted at any time.